After a lifetime of reading about Jesus and studying His teachings, isn’t it time to go see where He lived his life, performed His ministry, and where He was
crucified and resurrected? Thomas Presbyterian Church is organizing a trip to the Holy Land in early 2018. This will be a Biblically-based tour and is open to anyone interested in this
unique experience. This is an opportunity to invite friends and family and join other Christians in “a life-changing experience” – the term that’s often used by pilgrims returning from the Holy
There are seven days and nights of sightseeing. Among the sites on the tour are:
- Caesarea – the city built by Herod the Great
- Nazareth – the boyhood home of Jesus
- Jordan River – where you can renew your baptism vows
- Sea of Galilee – where Jesus calmed the storm and fed the five thousand
- Capernaum – where Jesus taught in the synagogue and the center of His public ministry
- Garden of Gethsemane – where Jesus prayed before He was arrested
- Gordon’s Calvary – possible site of the crucifixion
- Garden Tomb – considered by some to be the site of Jesus’ burial and His resurrection
- Masada – the site of the Roman siege that ended in mass suicide by the rebels
- Temple Mount – Western Wall, the last remnant of the Jerusalem temple Jesus knew
- Church of the Holy Sepulchre – another potential site of Jesus’ tomb and resurrection
And many other sites…..
Several potential dates in 2018 are being considered: February 5 – 14 or February 19 – 28 (departing
from Chicago). The cost varies depending on the number of travelers and the dates of travel. The approximate costs range between $2,000 - $2,200 per person (based on 25
paying passengers). (This cost does not include travel to and from Chicago.)
The cost of the trip includes:
- Round trip airfare from Chicago to Tel Aviv (must be booked through the tour company)
- Superior First Class accommodations in Tel Aviv, Sea of Galilee, and Jerusalem
- Israeli Buffet Style Breakfast and Dinner Daily
- Full Sightseeing in Deluxe Air-Conditioned Motorcoach
- All entrance fees to sites
Information sessions to answer any questions about this tour will be held in September and October.
Commitment to make a reservation will occur in November.
DAY OF CARING VOLUNTEER SIGN-UP
The time is here to sign up for Day of Caring!
September 30th, 2017
Contact Patti at 724-941-6609 or email@example.com.
Applications for those persons in need of a repair or maintenance project
for the team are available.
Please contact Patti or the church office at 724-941-8910
What are you signing up to do? Kitchen help will be needed on Friday, the 29th and Saturday the
30th. Bakers are needed. Laborers of all skill levels or of no skill level are needed. A
misc. category is also available and will include possibilities such as photographer, snack delivery, companion, babysitter, etc. IF YOU WANT TO BE PART OF THIS VERY REWARDING DAY WE WILL FIND
A PLACE FOR YOU!
Food and Friends FREE Dinner for the Community
Every 1st and 3rd Thursday
Doors open at 5:00 until 6:30
Come for a meal served by our committed volunteers that make your dining experience a pleasant one.
Don’t eat alone!!! Find a friend or be a friend.
SAVE THE DATE
TRUNK or TREAT Saturday, October 28, 2017 6:00 to 8:00 PM Thomas Church Parking Lot
Hey Thomas Church, let’s bless the children of our community! Our second annual Trunk or Treat needs you. Parents, Grandparents, aunties and uncles are asked to buy some treats, come line up your car in the parking lot, open your
trunk and open your heart. Children up to 5th grade are invited to dress up and come for treats.
We plan to do some grillin’ and some chillin’ so come hungry. Please mark yourcalendar and hold the date. More information will be coming. If you get a minute, google ‘trunk
or treat’ and look at pictures of some cool car decorating ideas. Let’s continue to bless our community after our Day of Caring.
This is a
Joyful Community project - if you would like to help, that’s a big YES!